Possible to exclude Studio locked segments?

We have many projects with locked segments, in various translations state (including ICE and untranslated).

Excluding by ICE is not trustworthy since there are some ICE unlocked segments that need to be considered.

Would it be possibile to really filter locked segment and perform all checks ignoring locked segments?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Enrico

Hi Enrico,

We have created a task in our DB to distinguish ICE and locked segments when running QA and searches.

Regards,
Oscar.

1 Like

Dear Oscar,
thank You for replying.

I’m not sure I’ve understood your suggestion, unless you’re referring to checking a segments db with xbench.
I have to check several sdlxliff files, and I can’t filter locked segments before checking them.

Dear Enrico,

In the most recent public build of Xbench 3.0 is not possible to distinguish between ICE and locked segments. However, at ApSIC, this issue will be considered so that it may be possible to filter ICE and locked segments in the future.

Oscar.

1 Like

This is really good news, thank you very much!

Best regards.

Enrico.

Enrico, it is indeed good news that this functionality may be added to XBench.

However, until it is, there is a plugin for Studio called the XLIFF toolkit that you can use to create a temporary xliff file that excludes the locked segments. This temporary file can then be loaded into XBench for a quality check.

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/sdlxliff-toolkit/296/

Kind regards,
Neil

1 Like

Thank you, Neil,
XLIFF toolkit is a great tool, sadly in my case is not quite practical because I have many (sometimes between 1000 and 2000) small files and this way I loose the corrispondence with the original file and segment number, which is so precious in the xBench QA.

So this functionality in XBench will be much loved.

Best regards
Enrico

Hi folks!

I really really miss the possibility to filter locked segments. Maybe you can give this option as a Christmas gift to all of us?

Thanks a lot,

Sílvia

Santa came a bit earlier this year: the ability to filter out locked segments is available since build 1484.

2 Likes

That is fantastic! Thank you very much for this great news, Mr. Condal!

But I just wonder why I didn’t know about this build. Have I missed a topic here? How can I be informed when an updated is released? I would like to keep the program always updated.

Thanks again for your kind attention.

Sílvia

Hello and thank you very much for this feature! It makes a huge difference in using this product.

Is there a release note document for each version?

Thank you again for your kind attention!

Enrico

1 Like