Is there a way to filter segments by segment number?

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to ask you if there is a way to filter segments by segment number when I load a bilingual file into XBench. I am working with a huge bilingual file with rolling deliveries, so I only need to check certain segments each time I use Xbench. For instance, now I need to check segment numbers 800 to 1200. Is there a filter I can use so that I can hide all other segments from my results? All segments have the same status (translated), so filtering by New segments/ICE/Blocked segments will not work this time.
Thanks again for your help!
Julieta

Some CAT tools allow to split the file by segment numbers. For instance, in memoQ you can create a view of a section of large file from segment number x to y. Then, you can export that view as bilingual mqxlz file and add it to Xbench to QA only that section.

For Trados Studio, there is a tool called SDLXLIFF Split/Merge that would allow you to split a file by segment numbers. Once the split files are created and added to your Studio project, you can QA those split files in Xbench.

As an alternative, you can lock all segments except those in the section to be checked. Then, add the file to Xbench and enable the Exclude Locked Segments checkbox at the filtering options of the QA tab.

Hi, Oscar! Thanks for your useful suggestions. In this case, I am working with an online tool, so I cannot split files or block segments on my side (in the way we could do it with the desktop tools you mentioned). The file I upload to XBench is an exported bilingual file from the tool, which contains the entire project, so filtering by segment number on XBench would be really useful for my partial QAs. I will keep looking for alternatives!
Thanks again!

As a workaround, add the bilingual file to your Xbench. Then, do the following:

1. Press Ctrl+R to export items.
  2. Select All items in a glossary and select the bilingual file from the drop-down list.
  3. At the filtering options, disable Remove repetitions in exported file.
  4. Select XLSX Excel file as format and enter the filename and path to export the file.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Open the exported file in Excel. There will be a column with numbers starting from 1.
  7. Remove all rows before the starting segment you need to check and all rows after the ending segment.
  8. Save the Excel file and add the Excel file as Ongoing Translation to your Xbench project.
  9. Make sure that only the Excel file is marked as Ongoing Translation.
  10. Run QA in Xbench.

When finding any offending issue, search the segment at the Search tab to edit the bilingual file (not the Excel file) and press Ctrl+E to edit the segment.

Thanks, Oscar! I’m using a very similar process through a .txt file I create from an Excel file I can also export from the online CAT tool, but just wanted to streamline the process by filtering segments in a bilingual file in XBench directly, without having to export and create another file. I will keep using this alternative, then, many thanks for your time!