"Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of the file is untrusted"

Hello folks,

After a long period of trouble-free use, I’ve suddenly started getting the above error when I load a segmented Word file into Xbench, and I don’t understand why. It’s preventing me from using Xbench at all.
The file that the Word Security Notice quotes (\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Word and then a .tmp file) doesn’t have any macros in it AFAIK, or if it does then there is no indication in the Properties that they might have been disabled.
I gather MemoQ users have been experiencing a similar problem.
Is there a fix for Xbench?

Thanks
Oliver
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro 64-bit system running Windows 11.

1 Like

Hi, @OliverLawrence!

I am facing this problem too when I click in the spell-checking. So I do all the others checkings first and let the spell for the last. But the messages from Microsoft don’t prevent me to use Xbench. All I have to do is close all of them. It is very annoying indeed and I hope Apsic can solve this asap.

Best luck!
Silvia

Hi @OliverLawrence,

Please contact support to submit a bug and indicate which steps you follow until you get the error. If possible, provide a sample file so that this issue can be reproduced.

Best regards,
Oscar.