Tamil letters showing as Junk 'Boxes'

Hello there,

I have been using ApSIC Xbench trial version 3.0.0 Build 1520 64-bit-edition(Tamil Language) and it shows target segment as Junk Characters(PFA) in the bottom.

This leaves us clueless about the what exactly the error is and where it is actually in a comparatively bigger target sentences. This consumes a lot of time.

We are planning to move to the paid version within 5days, kindly help us solve this issue asap.

1 Like

Right-click any segment and select Change Font. Select Arial Unicode as font and click OK.
Is the text at the details section displayed correctly?

1 Like

I see only ‘Arial’ font and there is no ‘Arial Unicode’ available. even after changing it to ‘Arial’, the text at the details section are not displayed correctly.

Got it fixed. thank you!

Hi ivakya2020,

I am getting the same issue with the text in Xbench, i.e. Hindi letters is showing as Junk ‘Boxes’. Please let me know how did you you fix it.

Thanks

Hi 003-HI_0189,

You can fix this by installing Arial Unicode font. pls find the steps below,

Step 1: Search and Download Arial Unicode font from web
(Ref link 1: https://www.download-free-fonts.com/details/88978/arial-unicode-ms
Ref link 2: https://img.download-free-fonts.com/dl.php?id=88978&hash=532483c3aad35ae706bf473ead4bba69)

Note: I’m not sure whether there is any particular Arial unicode font we should download for ‘Hindi’

Step 2: Once downloaded, Install it by right clicking on it. You may select either ‘Install’ or ‘Install for all users’ as needed. You might need to enter the system’s ‘Administrator code’ if there is any - to start installing.

Step 3: Once it is installed, open MS word in your system and you will now see “Arial Unicode” in your MS ‘font list’

Ste 4: If you see it in MS, then open your Xbench → run any file → right click on any of the segment → Choose ‘Change Font’

Step 5: Then select ‘Arial unicode’ , set the style and size.

Now, you won’t be seeing any junk characters in Xbench.

Best!

Thank You Ivakya2020

I will try this.