Issues with Xbench 2.9 after upgrading PC to Windows 10

Hello!

I use Xbench 2.9 build 474, and after I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 whenever I try to “Check Ongoing Translation” Xbench stops responding. When I cancel the prompt “Windows is looking for a solution” I get “Runtime Error 216” and even though I can see the QA on screen I cannot export QA results, it stops responding again and I have to restart my machine to be able to close Xbench.

Is there a solution for that?

Many thanks in advance!

Xbench 2.9 was developed back in 2011 so it only supports well until Windows 7, which was the operating system at the time. In later Windows releases it may have quirks or issues here and there, so Xbench 2.9 is not really supported on Windows 8 or later because it pre-dates them.

The workarounds to avoid issues are to go back to Windows 7 or to switch to Xbench 3.0, which is actively developed and supports Windows 10.

Unlike Xbench 2.9, Xbench 3.0 is a paid subscription but has a trial for 30 days of actual use (not 30 calendar days) so that it can be thoroughly evaluated at the user’s pace. Xbench 3.0 can be downloaded from here.

Thank you for your reply! I’ll try Xbench 3.0, then.

Great, remember to update everything to Xbench 3.0 after you upgrade, such as the spell-checking dictionaries in Tools->Spell-checking dictionaries.

Also, Xbench 3.0 has many more integrations with newer CAT tools, such as Studio, memoQ, Memsource and more. Check out the various videos in our YouTube channel to see how these new integrations work.

Thank you for your tips!

I started my evaluation of Xbench 3.0 yesterday and today I received an email saying that I have reached half of my trial period, and that I have only 15 days left. Shouldn’t I be able to try it for 30 days of actual usage (not 30 calendar days, as per Xbench’s website)?

@Lara Most likely you had run the trial for a few days a while ago. Some users spend a few trial days one year, resume the trial where they left it a year later, etc. If you think that it is not the case, feel free to write us at support, we can investigate it if you wish.

I have the same problem but I have windows 7.
The Xbench just stop during the upload files process and I have to restart my PC.
I have already tried the 3.0 version and it haa expired. I can pay for it and I need to continue with the 2.9 version. Could anyone give me a suggest or if is the case, another similar tool ?