Checking monolingual files (DOCX) with Xbench

Hi all,

I have been looking for a way to check several monolingual DOCX files for spelling mistakes and specific regex expressions using Xbench. Can anybody help? I would like to quickly review a folder that contains several DOCX files without having to convert them to a bilingual format. Can anybody think of a way to quickly do this? Thanks a lot.

Doreen

2 Likes

Xbench requires a bilingual format to load a file and run QA. It is not possible to check monolingual files.

Anyway it would be very helpful adding the option of loading files before being translating and running a checklist. So we could send a translator only the information that are relevant for the specific files.

Is it to complicated to add this feature or don’t you see an added value?

Best regards
Burim

Me I’m takling about the sdlxliff files of course, with no entries in the target.

@germantranslator, one quick and dirty trick could be converting the docx files to .txt tab-delimited file with same text in source and target and then load the .txt in Xbench (for example selecting them in Windows File Explorer, right-click and choose Run QA in Xbench.

The following Word macro allows you save all .docx in a folder to .txt files that you can load in Xbench:

1 Like

Hi pcondal, thanks for your suggestion, I just tried it out and this script is helpful indeed. Thanks a lot!