Expecting New Version of Xbench with improvements

Hi everyone,

I hope Xbench can be improved based on the following items:

1. “Ignore Tags” option can’t be reflected in checklist, even if I was using it for searching and added my search expression to checklist. So a lot of false-positive errors are reported in my checklist checking.

2. I need more space in lower pane of checking results, but I can’t hidden the upper pane (containing options) or drag the divider line up.

3. How should I check if the underline formatting in source text is missing in translation?

4. Can you provide the regular expression of every build-in QA option? So I can customize them to reduce false-positive errors.

I’m licensed user of 1520 and you can always reach me at hyang@acclaro.com.

Thank you very much and I’m expecting a more powerful new version of Xbench!

Kind regards,

Hunter

2 Likes

Great ideas. I especially like #4, the one about providing access to the regex for every built-in QA option.

I assume that Xbench itself uses regex “behind the scenes” in its code for the built-in QA options. It would be an excellent idea to allow the user to customize those as well, just as @HunterYang mentioned, to reduce false positives and further improve customization. Also, we could duplicate and modify those built-in QA expressions to create exactly the kind of checks we need. Currently, we have to disable them if they get in the way, and build our own.

Xbench QA canned checks do not use Regex for performance and functionality reasons.

Xbench code is closed source, but if you have development skills you can build a custom QA plugin to replicate the functionality of the check.

There are QA plugin samples in Delphi and C/C++ in Github and the manual for writing QA plugins is here.

Interesting information. Thanks. This was a bit of an older thread, but @HunterYang never got a reply here, so it seemed appropriate to bring it up. Hope he/she is still watching the thread and can get some useful tips from your reply as well.

I am impressed at how fast Xbench runs the QA checks. Practically instant, at least for the documents I do that contain only around 10,000–20,000 characters at the most.

Hi,

I don’t recall if I saw this post before.
The item #2 from HunterYang [to hide the upper pane (containing options) or to drag the divider line up] is very helpful. Could it be implemented asap?

Thank you!
Sílvia