Specific controls on source: how to check untranslated segments

Hi all,

I am trying to detect forbidden words in source prior to sending files to translation. I have built a personal checklist which specifics rules only in Source whereas in Target I write an asterisk (*) (RegExp mode). I have used Test mode with the rules and got some matchings. But then I run a QA with that personal checklist and I don’t get any results.
Segments are all untranslated, is that the reason? As soon as I write a translation and confirm the segment, then I get results.
How can I check source segments without having to “translate” the segments?

Best Regards,

Almudena

It depends on the CAT tool. In general, Xbench does not load segments as translated if they have not been confirmed in the ongoing translation files.

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention, it was with SDL Studio.

But what I need is just to be able to check source segments, regardless of whether they have been translated or not. Or else, the ability for a checklist to control segments loaded as untranslated.

Is that possible at all?

Thanks,

Almudena

Xbench does not run checklists on untranslated segments.

However, you have the following trick:

1. Load on Xbench the file or files with untranslated segments.
  2. In Xbench, choose Tools->Export items to export the project to .txt format.
  3. With *Windows Explorer, right-click on the .txt you just exported and choose Run QA in Xbench.

Now you can use your source-only Xbench checklists.