Feature request: spell checker > exclude words in lower case that match the segment

Hi,

during spell check I can exclude words in mixed case and in UPPERCASE with a match in a source segment. In translations, where I have to keep original words (e.g. UI elements) and put translation in brackets it significantly reduces the number of false positives.

However, I miss a feature that would also allow me to exclude words in lower case that have a match in the source. Same reason as above. :slight_smile:

thanks!

1 Like

We’ll think about it.

We understand the pain point of having to quote the original UI, but also recognize that many spelling errors have these origins:

• Translating in overwrite mode, especially among similar languages where you can reuse a lot of words (Spanish to Catalan for example).

• Accidentally forgetting to delete source text from the end of the segment.

Probably the untranslated UI must have some special processing (i.e. UI fragments left in purpose collocate, have certain capitalization rules or delimiters, etc).

This feature could also be implemented by the possibility of exluding a language. Like for example I’m translting EN>HU, my UI strings are translated in parentheses, so the original English strings are present in my target text as well. If I do a Hungarian spell check, I will have a lot of false alarms because of English words. If I can exclude English words in general, these won’t appear as errors. Maybe it’s also easier to implement, I don’t know.

In case of similar languages, the feature would not exlude words that exist in both languages (i.e. both in the target language and the exclusion language).