Confirmed segments considered as untranslated in xliff file

Hi all,

I usually work with OddJob/MemSource and, when trying to make a QA to the translated file, it always says *** untranslated *** for all the segments.

I’m importing it as XLIFF file (after changing the file extension from .mxliff to .xliff) and it only happens with Xbench 2.9, version 3.0 does not reproduce this issue.

Could you tell me the reason why this happens? Is there any way to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

This happens because Xbench 3.0 supports the Memsource XLIFF dialect whilst Xbench 2.9 does not (because Xbench 2.9 predates Memsource).

One workaround you have for Xbench 2.9 is to manually add a state='translated' attribute in the target element.

The state attribute is standard of XLIFF 1.2 and Xbench 2.9 honors it, but unfortunately the XLIFF 1.2 specification says that it is optional and that its default value is undefined. Because of that, many CAT developers do not use the state attribute and use instead their own proprietary attributes for segment state in their XLIFF dialects.

Thanks so much for your reply. I’ll try to do so.

Hi there. Could you advise how we can do the following?

" One workaround you have for Xbench 2.9 is to manually add a state='translated' attribute in the target element."

I have had the problem similar to the person asking this and I went to check how I can use the “state” attribute. It might be still useful for you or someone else. Here it is:
Open the file with Notepad. Then use the Find-Replace menu and replace < target > with < target state=‘translated’ > (please remove the extraneous spacing). Save the file and it is ready to be used in xbench 2.9.

Many thanks to pcondal for your answer. It really really helps me.

1 Like